Every day someone is hurt by a birth injury, car crash, truck accident, defective product or medical mistake. In fact, recent statistics show that:
- Cerebral Palsy as a result of birth trauma and injury affects approximately 10,000 babies born in the United States each year causing permanent brain damage.
- Defective medical devices and drugs are responsible for thousands of death and permanent injuries each year despite receiving approval from the FDA. Some drugs, like Yaz and Yasmin, never received FDA approval for uses that were marketed to the public.
- There were 25,952 injury crashes in 2007 involving semi-trucks.
- 1 out of every 10 patients who died within 90 days of surgery did so because of a preventable medical error. More than 90,000 patients die each year from medical malpractice.
- Each year thousands of families are hurt by dangerous conditions at hotels, stores, swimming pools and amusement parks including carbon monoxide poisoning, mold exposure, defective construction.
These statistics are alarming. Even though the causes of injuries may vary, negligence is often a common factor. A negligent doctor, hospital, driver or manufacturer can cause serious harm. Severe injuries are usually accompanied by substantial medical expenses and in some cases, lost wages.
If you or a loved one has been injured and someone else is to blame, contact the Law Office of Schachter, Hendy & Johnson at (859) 578-4444 or (888) 606-5297. We have been representing injured victims and their family members in Kentucky and Ohio for over 35 years. Our law firm regularly handles cases involving:
- Hypoxic Ischemic Encephalopathy
- Traumatic brain injury
- Cerebral Palsy
- Birth trauma resulting in a brain damaged baby
- Dangerous drugs
- Defective medical devices
- Medical malpractice
- Retained object left after surgery
- Wrong site surgery
- Hospital errors
- Trucking accident
- Car wreck
The Law Office of Schachter, Hendy & Johnson, located in Fort Wright, Kentucky, focuses on the areas of law in which we excel. We devote a significant amount of time and resources to each and every case to help our clients succeed. Our accident and injury attorneys work together as a team to ensure our clients receive the compensation they deserve. We have daily interactions to discuss current cases, in order to collaborate as a team to determine the best approach for our clients.
As a client of the Law Office of Schachter, Hendy & Johnson, you can always call and talk directly with an attorney who is familiar with the details of your case. We will partner with you to achieve a successful outcome to your case and our highly skilled injury attorneys will provide you with powerful representation in the courtroom. At the Law Office of Schachter, Hendy & Johnson, we know how difficult it is to deal with a tremendous loss, which is why we will help you regain dignity, a sense of independence and financial security.
Contact us today at (859) 578-4444 or (888) 606-5297 if you have been injured as the result of a car accident, truck crash, surgical mistake or other negligent act. We base our success on our ability to help you.
The Law Office of Schachter, Hendy & Johnson represents clients located in Northern Kentucky, including Covington, Boone County, Kenton County and Campbell County. We also handle cases in Louisville, Jefferson County and in areas of Ohio, including Cincinnati and Hamilton County.
We focus on the following practices areas: