Ronald E. Johnson Jr.
product liability attorney
Ronald Johnson has spent his career representing families and persons who have been injured or killed by defective drugs, medical devices, chemicals, dangerous conditions on property, semi-truck collisions, automobile wrecks, medical malpractice, and other product liability claims.
Ron’s experience and success in this field has been recognized by his peers and by federal courts across the country. Ron has been designated as “AV” rated (pre-eminent) by the peer-reviewed publication Martindale, as well as a “Super Lawyer” by his fellow attorneys. In fact, Ron is the only lawyer currently practicing in Kentucky who has been appointed as lead or co-lead counsel of multiple Mult-District Litigations (MDL’s) in Federal Courts.
In addition to serving as co-lead counsel in the Skechers and Testosterone MDL’s, Ron was selected by his peers to serve as co-lead counsel in the national litigation involving ambulatory pain pumps and defective cochlear implants. He was also appointed to the steering committee for the MDL involving injuries from the drug Pradaxa. He is as adept at handling complex cases involving thousands of injured persons as he is at handling a single case involving a person killed or injured by a semi-truck or dangerous condition on the private or public property.
- 50 million dollars recovered for 62 victims of a defective implanted medical device.
- 7.25 million dollars jury verdict on behalf of a young child injured by the defective cochlear implant.
- 7.25 million dollars recovered for a family of 18-year-old girl tragically killed by a work truck in Louisville, Kentucky.
- More than 65 million dollars recovered for victims of complete joint destruction due to defective pain pump.
- Co-lead counsel in an MDL where 50 million dollars recovered for members of a class action consumer fraud case.
- Over 3 million dollars recovered for a young woman who had just completed dental school and was injured by a medical device.
- Over 3 million dollars recovered for a police officer whose career was cut short by an injury to his shoulder.
- Co-lead counsel of an MDL where the claimants received a total of more than 45 million dollars.
- Additionally, Ron has handled dozens of more cases where clients received awards in excess of 1 million dollars.
- Sigma Iota Rho Honor Society Graduate of Rhodes College in Memphis, Tennessee.
- A graduate of the Louis D. Brandeis School of Law in Louisville, Kentucky.
While maintaining an office and active practice in Kentucky and Ohio, Ron and his firm represent people all over the country. If you are located in another state, chances are Ron’s firm has already litigated a case there. It is important that his clients are financially able to pay for the extended future medical care that they will require, as well as replace their lost income if they are no longer able to work as a result of their injury. Handling large and complex national litigation requires extensive experience and knowledge, but Ron is just as passionate about helping a person who has a small injury from a car wreck as he is representing thousands of people injured by a defective drug.
Articles that feature Ron
- Editor of the Brandeis Law Review.
- Board of Governors and Past President of the Kentucky Justice Association.
- Member of the American Association of Justice, currently chair of the TRT Litigation Group.
- A former member of Attorney Steering Committee for Citizens for Better Judges in Louisville, Kentucky.
- Past member of the Louis D. Brandeis and current member of the Salmon P. Chase Inns of Court where he chaired the Program Committee and serves on the Executive Committee.
- Former Member of the Attorney Advertising Commission for the Kentucky Bar Association.
- Frequent Lecturer for the Kentucky Justice Association.
- Recipient of Outstanding Board Member Award of the Kentucky Justice Association 2005.
- Participant in annual Trial by Jury demonstration at Kentucky State Fair.
- Member of the Board of the Kentucky Arts Council for the Commonwealth of Kentucky where he chairs the Nominating Committee.
- Member of Kentucky Bar Association, Ohio Bar Association, Northern Kentucky Bar Association, Louisville Bar Association, and Cincinnati Bar Association.
Licensed to Practice Law in Kentucky, Ohio and numerous Federal Courts.
“From the very first day I became a lawyer, I made the deliberate decision to only represent those individuals who were hurt, needed help, and could not afford to hire a lawyer who charged a big hourly fee. It is an honor to be able to spend every day of my working life helping to put good people back on their feet and fighting for justice on their behalf.”