If this article sounds similar to a recent experience that you or a loved one have suffered from, please don’t hesitate to contact us online or call 859-578-4444 to schedule a free consultation!
There Are An Alarming Amount of Kentucky Car Accidents Every Year
Based on the data contained in the Kentucky Traffic Collision Facts report, of the reported accidents, 26,160 resulted in nonfatal injuries and 803 resulted in death. In 2007, 877 people were killed in traffic accidents, which is actually a decrease of 5.7 percent from 2006, which had reported 930 fatalities.
Some of the other interesting facts included in the 2007 report are summarized below:
- Nearly one out of every 5,700 Kentucky residents was killed in a traffic collision.
- Approximately one out of every 121 Kentucky residents was injured in an auto accident in 2007.
- About one of every 14 Kentucky drivers was involved in a traffic accident.
- Approximately one out of every 2,500 Kentucky drivers was involved in a fatal accident.
- There were 5,082 incapacitating injuries reported, which include injuries that required a trip to the hospital.
- The majority of people who died in Kentucky car accidents were male, which accounted for 608 of the deaths versus 256 females who were killed.
- Sixty six percent of the accidents reported in 2007 involved a collision with a moving vehicle.
- Pedestrian accidents accounted for 6 percent of the total fatal collisions.
These alarming facts and statistics reinforce the importance of practicing safe driving any time you are behind the wheel.
When a Kentucky car accident is caused by another driver’s negligence, as the accident victim, you may be able to hold that person liable. If you have been injured in an auto accident, contact an experienced Kentucky car accident lawyer at the Law Office of Schachter, Hendy & Johnson at (859) 578-4444 or (888) 606-5297 for legal advice.