Penny Unkraut Hendy
I’ve lived in northern Kentucky all my life, born and raised. There’s nowhere else I’d like to call home. The hospitable community, tight-knit school rivalries, the pungent smell of the Ohio river, southern style home cookin from Greyhound Tavern, and the soft breeze that flows through our sweet Kentucky bluegrass are all things that I have grown up with and molded me into the person I am today. I’m a proud mother of two beautiful children, a wife to an amazing husband (Mark), the owner of 2 wonderful dogs (Hope and Stella), and an active member of the community. My hope is to not just be viewed as the distinguished managing partner of Schachter, Hendy & Johnson, but as someone, you can stop and chat with while I’m walking or say hi to when you see me at Greyhound. So please, if you see me out and about, don’t hesitate to stop and talk about what’s going on in your life or ask about some legal counsel, I’d be more than happy to listen and I promise there’s no charge.
- A graduate of Northern Kentucky University.
- A graduate of the Salmon P. Chase College of Law in Northern Kentucky.
Licensed to practice law in the Commonwealth of Kentucky, State of Ohio and Federal Courts.
- Member of the Northern Kentucky Bar Association.
- Member of the Kentucky Bar Association.
- Treasurer of the Kentucky Justice Association.
- State delegate for the American Association for Justice.
- Former Chair of the Women Lawyers Section of the Northern Kentucky Bar Association.
- Student member of the Potter Stewart Inn of Court.
- Master of Salmon P. Chase American Inn of Court.
- Executive committee and chair of the outreach program for the Salmon P. Chase American Inn of Court.
- Actively volunteers pro bono legal services for a variety of causes, including participating in Stand Down, an event for the homeless.
- Participant in the Northern Kentucky Bar Associations as speaker in trial skills seminars.
- Served as Judge for Moot Court Competition, Chase Law School.