Although most of the information surrounding the hundreds of Pradaxa lawsuits pending in the Southern District of Illinois remains the same, our law firm has some new information surrounding the Pradaxa multidistrict litigation. Some updated information related to Pradaxa claims includes:
- 176 cases have been filed so far.
- New information has been added over the internal bleeding complications from the drug.
- Judge David Herndon ordered drug maker Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, Inc. to turn over a database of all Pradaxa adverse events that have taken place worldwide by January 14, 2013.
- The latest conference took place on January 14, 2013.
- Victims’ lawyers will soon begin taking deposition testimony from members of Boehringer Ingelheim.
- The FDA issued an update indicating that Pradaxa carries the same risks as warfarin; however, experts disagree about Pradaxa’s safety because the drug has no antidote for internal bleeding.
- There is still no Pradaxa recall in the U.S. as of yet.
- Australia’s Pharmaceutical Benefits Advisory Committee advised they will no longer supply Pradaxa due to concerns that the drug is prescribed at doses and patient ages that were not tested at clinical trials.
- The first trial in the U.S. is scheduled for August 2014.
Anyone affected by Pradaxa internal bleeding or other side effects needs to talk with a knowledgeable Pradaxa lawyer as soon as possible. Sadly, numerous patients’ injuries and deaths could have been avoided if Boehringer Ingelheim warned of the drug’s harmful side effects and did not make false claims touting their product’s superiority.
If you believe you have a Pradaxa claim, call the Law Office of Schachter, Hendy & Johnson at (859) 578-4444 or (888) 606-5297 to speak with us in a free, no-obligation consultation today.